Between the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and the On the Same Page Secret Sister Project, it's got me thinking about stuff I like, stuff my friends like, and my changing obsessions in general. So I decided to start telling you guys what my obsessions are when I get them.
These are the things I've been obsessing over this week:
My dream has come true!!! Ever since I had my son, I couldn't wait for the day that I could read the Harry Potter books to him so I could share the joy of the HP world with him. Well..... that day finally came this week!! We started reading Harry Potter, and he LOVES it!! Now he can't wait until bedtime so that we can read!! He's SO my kid. The other day he was going nuts because he was excited that his school was having a book fair. Remember those book fair days?? I know it was my favorite day of the year!
The funny thing is that my son has played the Lego HP video games before, so he knows some of the plot twists, but he doesn't know that I know them. When Scabbers makes his first appearance, Cole looks at me with this devilish grin and says, "I know something secret about Scabbers mom!". It was so darn cute.
As always I'm obsessed with Etsy. I ordered my secret sister something this week (which I will not show you because it's a secret), and I ordered Snark Factory jewelry last week. But here are some random other things that I love:
- "Go hug a landmine" a quote by Dorothy from the Golden Girls. I so need it for my Mac laptop. It's from CatchAWaveDesigns.
- Joshua Jackson ring. Hello! Who doesn't want Pacey's head staring at them from their hand??? I know I do! From charm456.
- Boy Bands coloring book from TeamArt. Do I need to explain? Okay, I will anyway: NKOTB, Boys II Men, Hanson!!!
- Harry Potter book PILLOW from BrassingtonHollow!! Yes that is a pillow that opens up to the first page!! I am OBSESSED!!!! I need all 7 immediately.
It feels like summer outside this week in good old Pennsylvania, so I'm in the mood for summer clothes. Dresses specifically.
- H&M Shirtdress
- H&M Peplum Dress
- High-waisted shorts from Modcloth
- Color Block Dress from Modcloth
- Ice Cream Purse
Okay I'm not really sure what this is... is it a clothing line for the more grown-up Forever21 crowd? The Forever33 crowd perhaps? Well anyway, I am super obsessed with how cute these clothes are!
I don't know why, but I've been SO hungry lately. And I have got to start cooking more in the evenings and not be so lazy. These are some of the things I might make:
- One pot zucchini mushroom pasta
- Strawberry yogurt quinoa
- Grilled apple and brie quesadilla
- Buffalo chicken meatballs
I am obsessed with what I'm reading this week. I finished Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight and it was !!!!!! I don't read a TON of Adult, but this book was really attention grabbing. I also loved her first book Reconstructing Amelia (that was kind of an in-between YA and Adult book and so is her new one I guess). I just started I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.... and damn if she doesn't make me feel like I'm less evolved or something. How is someone that smart??? Her writing is so amazing, that for some reason I feel less of a human being because of it. And I like it LOL.
What are you obsessed with this week?