Top Ten Authors I Really Want To Meet
Thanks to things like BEA and Carnegie Library, I've already met a lot more authors than I ever expected to meet. To non bookish people meeting an author seems like no big deal. But authors are my rockstars. When I meet one of my favorite authors I get all nervous/excited/idiotic. The fact that meeting my idols is actually a possibility kills me. It's so awesome. Here are the authors that I haven't met yet, but would lose my mind if I could. PS- I couldn't possibly narrow it down more than this.
1. Courtney Summers- Duh.
2. J.K. Rowling- Again, obviously. Who wouldn't want to meet this genius??
3. John Green- I mean, it's John freaking Green. Writer of ultimate sobfests. Nerdfighter.
4. Laurie Halse Anderson- Speak is one of my favorite books ever... and I love all her other books too.
5. Maggie Stiefvater- I just started reading her, but now I MUST meet the person who has such beautiful words inside of them.
6. Marissa Meyer- LUNAR CHRONICLES BABY!!!
7. Nina LaCour- I've read all her books and they've all affected my life. That is special talent.
8. Sarah Ockler- Again, I've read all her books and am obsessed.
9. Jennifer Brown- Hate List was pretty darn special.
10. Stephanie Perkins- She seems SO cool. And I love her books, and I just want to talk to the person who created Cricket Bell.
11. E. Lockhart- Read every book... loved every book. Plus I think it's really cool how she branched out in We Were Liars.
12. Huntley Fitzpatrick- My Life Next Door hurt my heart and made it happy at the same time! Plus I follow her on Facebook and she seems so down to Earth and like the best mom ever.
Can't wait to see which authors you guys picked. Hopefully next time this list comes around I will have some of these awesome people checked off. Every time I meet someone who has written a book that I've loved, I feel so lucky.