Between the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and the On the Same Page Secret Sister Project, it's got me thinking about stuff I like, stuff my friends like, and my changing obsessions in general. So I decided to start telling you guys what my obsessions are when I get them.
- So it became officially Summer on Sunday, and one thing I love about Summer is FLOWERS!! I plant a lot of annuals and have a pretty big perennial garden too.
- It makes me feel really happy inside, and almost like proud, when my flowers bloom. That sounds silly doesn't it?? I don't know... I just really like my flowers.
- The pictures above are ones from the last few days.
Movie Posters & Rap Lyrics
- Of course ETSY has to make an appearance in this post. My Etsy obsession is still going strong!!
- Now I'm on to cool looking movie posters. I like ones that are simple, maybe a little vintage and graphic looking. I love what graphic artists can do with pop culture!!
- I also can't help but like 90's/2000's rap lyrics on decorations.
- Empire Records, Notorious B.I.G. lyrics, Back to the Future, Stand By Me, Stand By Me Quote, Harry Potter , Diddy lyrics, Ice Cube lyrics, Framed Ice Cube, The Shining, Old School, Slytherin
- Ever since I started my Instagram account, I've kind of loved it. But recently it's almost the only social network that I'm ever on. I don't know why... well it might have a little to do with Facebook being a jerk on my phone & Twitter just being Twitter, but yeah, I'm really into Instagram right now.
- If you don't follow me on there.... you totally should!!! I mostly post pics of books, like the #weeklybookstagram challenge (do you do that yet?? It's so fun), pictures of my flowers (see above), and pictures of me and my friends. Sometimes a cute little 7-year-old makes an appearance.
- Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- I am so pissed at myself that I am just now reading this. At the same time, I am SO happy that I am now reading this because it is making my life so damn happy!!
- Seriously, all these book blurbs want to compare it to The Fault in Our Stars??? Come on! The only thing that is the same in the 2 books is cancer. Do all cancer books have to go into a TFIOS box? I think not. Don't get me wrong, I love John Green. His books destroy me. Jesse Anderson's book?? It makes me laugh like a fool in public and embarrass myself. And I sort of love being embarrassed by books in public. I also love laughing out loud while reading because not a lot of books accomplish that from me.
- If you've read this- CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE SEXY PILLOWS??? HAHAHAHAHA!
- Has anyone seen the movie? If you have, how did you feel about it. I'm now DYING to see it!
- FYA peeps- The Summer Showdown 2015 is upon us!! My book club in Pittsburgh is totally ready to rock that shit!
- If you don't know what I'm talking about, well..... FYA has been hosting a Summer challenge for their book club chapters all over the country. (If you aren't in a FYA book club, go and find the one closest to you... or start your own!! It's a blast and my life would not book nearly as cool without it). So a bunch of cities go head-to-head doing cover recreations, solving puzzles, having cocktail parties, finding book artifacts, and generally just having the best time.
- Last year I swear it was the most fun group-thing I've done since I was kid.
- I put together some of our greatest hits from last year's challenge. We were 3rd runner-up. This year we're looking to take San Fran down!!!!
What are your recent obsessions?? Anything cool on Etsy you've found lately? Do you have a YA book club? I would love to know your obsessions!