Between the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and the On the Same Page Secret Sister Project, it's got me thinking about stuff I like, stuff my friends like, and my changing obsessions in general. So I decided to start telling you guys what my obsessions are when I get them.
OTSP Secret Sister!!
- A new round of On the Same Page Secret Sisters has started!! I got my first package from my sister and I'm so in love with what she did. It made me feel so good inside to know that someone took time to care about what I'm into. The theme was *Pink Nostalgia*, and she included stuff related to Mean Girls and Clueless... how cool is that??
- Now I know I need to Pay it Forward and really put a smile on the girl (or boy) that I'm sending to!! I almost have the next package together, and I'm so excited about the theme!!
*Jude's flying sand women, Lola, and Miss Peregrine's creepy picture*
- This is the 2nd summer that my book club had participated in the FYA Summer Showdown!! We placed 4th AGAIN... which I'm not going to lie, is a little disappointing. I was hoping for at least 2nd place. But we worked our butts off and I'm proud of all my book club sisters. I can't thank Kristen and Sarah (our leaders for the challenge) enough for organizing everything.
- Last year there were 13 teams... and this year-24 teams!!! I guess I really have nothing to be disappointed about. 4th place is pretty bomb.
- Since we won the artifact hunt (the final challenge in which we had to "find"/make items from certain YA books), we get to pick an artifact item for teams to hunt next year... so YAY!!!
- This is the time of year where I'm always getting bored of my summer clothes. It's weird because I much rather wear dresses and skirts than leggings, pants, and sweaters... but still I'm at the point now where I'm bored of all my clothes.
- This summer my obsessions were- high waisted shorts w/ cropped shirts, knee/calf length skirts and dresses (especially if they're on the tighter side), and of course anything 90's related.
- I don't know what I'm going to be into this fall... any fall trends that I should look out for?
- For my birthday, I got these AMAZING Harry Potter book pillows. Did I mention these are AMAZING!?!?! They even open and include the entire first page printed out. There's also something on the inside of each cover that is unique to the book (like book 3 has a Marauders fold-out map in it!!)
- They are made by BrassingtonHollow, an Etsy shop, which sells all kinds of different books made into pillows. I definitely have my eye on a few more.... it's an obsession!
- Oh, how I love my Pittsburgh sports!! Right now, what's not to love? All three teams (Steelers, Penguins, Pirates) made the playoffs this year. City of Champions? Yes, I think so!
- But anyways, I made it to Steelers training camp @ St. Vincent College this week. I try to go every year because I live so close to Latrobe, and it's always a good time.
- I loved seeing Antonio Brown catching passes. And it's cool to see the new rookies in action! I have a feeling Steeler fans are in for a big year :)
- The Pirates are in the middle of a division championship race. With the the 3rd best record in all of baseball, it's a shame they have to be in the same division as the St. Louis Cardinals. As of today, they're 4.5 games back. It's been a hell of a season so far, and I'm having a blast watching the games almost every night.
- I finished Read Between the Lines earlier this week and just LOVED it. Jo Knowles blew me away with her unique story. Here's the review I posted.
- I also just finished My Secret to Tell by Natalie D. Richards. It comes out in October and my OTSPSecretSister from last round gave me the book. I liked it okay, but since I've never read this author before, I had really high hopes for it. I think maybe my expectations were a little too high because it turned out to be a very typical mystery. Nothing wrong with that!! I mean, I need to have the classic mystery format books in my life.... I just thought this was going to be something more.
- Now what do I read next??? I'm really in the mood for something powerful. Any suggestions?
So what are your obsessions right now? Which sports teams do you obsess over? If none, may I suggest Pittsburgh?? Haha, J/K!! What summer clothes have you been wearing most these past few months?? Any cool Secret Sister stuff you want to share?? Seriously, tell me stuff!!