Here's What I See In My Reading Future For October:
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- I loved Fangirl so hard!! I mean I read it in one night and cried like a baby. So yes, I am excited for more Rainbow.
- I know this isn't a Fangirl sequel or anything, but after all the excerpts of Simon and Baz in the Fangirl book, it sort of is a sequel.... maybe.
- Dumb question, but is this book is supposed to be from the book series that Cath and Wren fell in love with, or is this the fanfic that Cath was writing? I'm a tad confused.
- I'm also meeting Ms. Rowell October 8!!!! So I hope to have her sign a copy of this book and then get started reading it immediately.
- Pub Date: 10/6/2015
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- I mean it's a historical thriller!!!!! I loved The Diviners and have been looking for a story like that ever since. This sounds like it could have that same feel.
- Secret pregnancies, insane asylums, serial killers... it's the perfect Halloween-time book.
- Pub Date- 10/6/2015
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
- I know this has been out since March, and it's also been in my possession since June.... but I just have not read it for what reasons I don't know.
- 2015 is definitely the year I discovered my love for Lauren Oliver. Before I Fall and Rooms were 2 of my favorite books that I read this year and I'm SO excited to read more by her.
- It's happening, I'm reading this.
- Pub Date- 3/10/2015
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling
- I've been reading the Harry Potter series to my son this summer and we're on book 4 now.
- I can't even tell you how awesome it's been to share my love for all things Harry Potter with my baby boy. It's been a dream come true.
- Also this is my first reread, and I've been meaning to do that for a loooong time.
- Pub Date- 7/8/2000 (my birthday!!!)
Other TBR Priorities:
A mix of already released and books coming out soon. Hope to get to these ASAP!!
- We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean- a psychological thriller that features a journal, a mental ward, and revenge.
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1)- I need to finish it.
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus- a book set in Paris... plus I've heard good things about it.
- Upside Down Magic (#1) by Sarah Mlynowski, Emily Jenkins (E. Lockhart), & Lauren Myracle- I cannot wait to read more Sarah Mylnowski. Also when these 3 write together, good things happen :)
I'm planning on reading a lot of books that are going to get me into that fall mood this month. I absolutely love Halloween, so it's pretty much a no-brainer to read some type of horror during October. What books are you going to read this month?? Any of the books I listed on your TBR?