Top Ten Different Book Things I Have Quit
1. Adult- I haven't quit this genre purposely, but YA has taken over my life the last 4 years. I have read a few books (mostly just Gillian Flynn and Silver Linings Playbook), but I just don't have time to devote to books about things I'm not 100% interested in.... which sadly is adult life and responsibilities (maybe I'll grow up someday)
2. New Adult- This I have willingly quit. I can't seem to find any New Adult that I find GOOD. If I'm going to read books about people in college (which I WANT to), they're going to have to be more like Fangirl and less like Beautiful Disaster.
- I'm really good at finishing series. I guess I like to finish what I start... and I get curious even if I don't 100% love the books. But these were ones I'm done with:
3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- I read the first one (well most of it... some of it I skimmed), and I'm sorry but I HATED Bella. She was SO weak. Also Edward was major stalkerly.
4. Denton Little's Death Date by Lance Rubin- I wasn't feeling the first book, so I'm not going to continue.
5. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard- There are 16 freaking books in this series!! 16!! And they're all about the same 4 girls with crazy stuff constantly happening to them. I got to book 11 and I had to end my misery.
6. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige- I thought the first book was just okay. It started to pick up towards the end, but not really enough to make me want to continue. Plus the author made me a little skittish with her stalker support tweets.
7. Tattooed Bad Boys as a love interest- NO!!!
8. Hate to Love Romance- I'm so sick of the "I hate you, then I love you" stuff. Sometimes it can be done really well, but in general it makes me roll my eyes. I mean, it's not like the reader can't see that the "I hate you" people are going to get it on, so it becomes lame IMO.
9. Oblivious Main Characters- I am SO over dumb main characters. You know the ones- the guy obviously LOVES and ADORES the girl, but she can't seem to see it- the girl keeps making the same mistakes over and over and has no clue.
10. Insta-Love (obviously)
The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty- Books 1 & 2 = YES!!! Books 3-5, I wish I wouldn't have.
The Shadowlands by Kate Brian- Book 1, I loved. I was shocked, mindfucked, and all that. Book 2 & 3 = instalove and an entirely different storyline.
The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger- I read it to see what all the fuss was about... I still don't know.
Those are my quits... what are yours?