Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel
I love debut books!! I actively try to read as many as possible, so I am definitely excited to do this topic!
1. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- I just loved this LOL book (and movie) and cannot wait for The Haters in 2016!
2. Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang- I liked this book and thought it showed a lot of potential for the author. Where the World Ends (March 2016) sounds really good and I look forward to it.
3. Tease by Amanda Maciel- I LOOOOOVED this book. Loved. Loved. A Perfect Disaster (May 2016) sounds just as good!
4. Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican- Another one of my favorites!! It was such a powerful debut, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
5. Those Girls by Lauren Saft- This book!!! I could not put it down. It was my perfect beach read. I'm really excited for anything and everything else that she writes!
6. My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal- This YA mystery was solid. It didn't become a favorite, but it made me interested to read more by this author.
7. What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler- This was his YA fiction debut (previously he had written a memoir), and I thought he did a great job with it. I didn't love everything about it, but enough to want to know what else is going to come from him.
8. Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt- This was one of the most honest and gritty books I ever read. It was hard to read at times, but it was a story that I'm glad was told. I can't even imagine what she will come up with next!
9. Being Henry David by Cal Armistead- I really enjoyed this one and hope she's planning on writing more.
10. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan- Dear Mr. Hassan, please write more. This book was epic and became one of my all-time favorites. Don't make me cry :( Sincerely, Michelle
Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin
-I know she's written 3 books, but I'm really curious what she's going to do now that Mara Dyer is over.
Which debut authors are you loving this week??