Inspired by THIS post at Paperfury.com, I decided every Friday I'm going to start sharing things in the book blogging community. Maybe it'll be some awesome post or new feature a blogger has put together, maybe it'll be a blog that I want to share with you all. All I know is I want this community to be a better, nicer, happier, more helpful place, and I'm going to do my part to spread the LOVE.
-I also want to ask for your help! If you know of any blog or a feature that a blog does that you think should be shared to the rest of the book community, please tell me HERE. It would be so helpful :)
1. Candace's Book Blog & Pure Imagination host Saturday Situation
- Saturday Situation is something I've been linking up to regularly ever since I started blogging. I know a lot of you probably already know about it, but in case some people out there don't know, I'm sharing!! Candace is all about helping people out with views and comments (she also does a thing on Tuesday's to boost your Facebook page), and this really does help! All you do is go there and link up your posts and giveaways for the week where more people can find them. I love going through the lists every week and finding super original posts that I wouldn't have normally looked at... I've also found a lot of new blogs to follow while browsing. I hope Saturday Situation is around for a long, long time!!
2. Rebel Mommy Book Blog
- This is one of my new favorite blogs!!! I love Grace's reviews and discussions, I love that she reads Adult & YA. I also love her blog design (HELLO!! It's pink!!). She's also super funny and honest, and just freaking NICE!! Not that it's all that important to me, but when I comment on her blog, she's always commenting back. I don't comment to get comments, but it still feels good when someone takes the time to visit you after you visit them :) You should definitely check her out :) Rebel Mommy Book Blog
3. That Artsy Reader Girl's Bookish Little Christmas
- Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl annually hosts A Bookish Little Christmas on her blog, and I think it's SO fun!! She has authors and bloggers help out and does a whole month of Christmasy posts. There's posts about Christmas movies, books, gifts, and even fashion (okay I did the fashion one----> Go check it out here!!) I love that she does this every year & I love the way it helps get me into the holiday mood!!
4. Super Space Chick
- So I was going to talk about one of Kristin's features like- 5 Fandom Friday, her BookTube videos, or her fashion posts... but I couldn't pick one!! Basically all her posts are adorable and fun and happy. I love that she is into more than just books!! She's a gamer and she's into all kinds of fandoms. My inner geek goes nuts when I watch her talk about comics, Harry Potter, and all her little Funko dolls. I especially love her videos. I love how personable she comes off, and having met her IRL, how she is in the videos is really how she is. It's super refreshing to watch a BookTube video and see someone being their authentic self :) Definitely check her out and don't forget to SHARE her videos (if you want to). Visit Super Space Chick here.
5. The Novel Hermit's 2015 YA Book Cover Awards
- The Novel Hermit has hosted this for the last 2 years, and I think it is such a good idea! Personally, I'm obsessed with book covers. I've bought I don't know how many books just because of cover lust. I've also put off reading SO many books due to terrible covers. I know that age-old saying about not judging a book by it's cover... but I can't help it!! Anyhow, the winners are being announced TODAY!! So go and check that out!!
I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season!! We just did our book club Secret Santa, so now I'm totally in the gift giving mood! I hope you guys all read the post at Paper Fury and we can all agree to pay-it-forward and help each other out. The post really opened my eyes to what book blogging is all about (or should be). In honor of that, I'm going to keep sharing and posting and tweeting and pinning people's posts :) I hope you do too!!