It's time for another update on my obsessions!! Between the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and the On the Same Page Secret Sister Project, it's got me thinking about stuff I like, stuff my friends like, and my changing obsessions in general. So I decided to start telling you guys what my obsessions are when I get them.
- I've loved Kate Spade ever since I bought my first KS purse in like 2007. As time has gone on, I really have loved the evolution of her designs. She's definitely gone more whimsical and girly over the years... and I say HELL YES to that!! I love bows and flowers and bright colors.
- This spring her new collections are killing me (mostly because I can't afford to buy all of the gorgeousness above). She's really gone kitsch and fun and 90's, but still classy and elegant in ways.
- That Ticket Roll belt?? I don't even wear belts and I need it. And daisies are always going to get me because it's SO 90's.
- Sorry for the crowded image above, but there are just so many things I'm loving right now.
- Do you like Kate Spade? What do you think of this ^^ stuff?
Every spring I like to refresh my wardrobe... because spring/summer clothes are just more fun than winter stuff!! And I've been obsessing over home goods lately as well.
- Pink Skirt / Lace-Trim Top / Knotted Tee / Striped Heels / Looney Tunes Tee
- I've really been wanting a knotted t-shirt for a long time and finally found one!! I also adore print heels... they're so fun!! And do you even see that Bugs & Taz shirt??? That was THE shirt from my middle school days. Everyone in Penn Hills had that shirt.
- Gretchen Wieners / Instagram Frame / Donut Maker
- Gah!!! Mean Girls Funkos come out in MAY!!!! I'll definitely be getting Gretchen Wieners first. I mean, she comes with THE BURN BOOK for crying out loud! Also I've been wanting to do an Instagram Wall Collage, so this frame is perfect, and who doesn't want to make donuts at their house??? I don't even like to cook or bake, but I want to make some freaking donuts!!
- I've started watching the new ABC series The Family, which premiered March 3. I don't watch many shows on actual TV... and NONE on the Networks. WOW. I guess I've known that, but it still shocks me that there aren't any Network TV shows that even interest me besides this show right now!
- So, The Family is about an 8-year-old boy who is kidnapped, presumed dead, but is found 10 years later and returned to his family. And a completely dysfunctional family it is. The mom is big-into politics and announces her candidacy for governor soon after Adam returns home. The sister is super-campaign manager-- and completely OBSESSED with her mother's career. The older brother is a drunk, the dad is having an affair, and to top it all off-- the next-door-neighbor who was wrongfully accused of the murder (and is a convicted pedophile) returns to the house next-door.... with a minor grudge.
- I have not watched enough episodes (3 to be exact) to say for sure if this series will stick for me. I've tried other series recently (Scream Queens, Supergirl) and they didn't, so I don't have a ton of hopes. This one is pretty dang creepy though, so I hope I stay with it!!
- Have you watched this or anything new?
- One of my friends from book club is podcast addicted and she's been wanting to do one for a while. Combine that with how we've been reading a lot of old-school books from our childhood for fun = She asked me to read all the old Fear Street books (starting from the beginning) so we could discuss our thoughts on a podcast.
- It sounds like SO much fun.... but I have no idea if I'd be any good at something like that. AND I hate the way my voice sounds when I hear it played back to me. Has that ever happened to you? You hear your voice on a voicemail or something and just CRINGE?? Well, that's me!
- I'm going to just have fun with it and see how it goes. We may suck really bad and decide it's definitely not for us. Or we may love it!
- Have you ever podcasted?? Any advice?
- Our April book club book is The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. While I was really happy we chose a Dessen book to read, as we don't read a TON of older books, I wasn't thrilled at which one was chosen. When I read all her books (I went on a binge in the mid-to-late 2000's), I labelled this one as one of my least favorites of the bunch. I loved This Lullaby and Just Listen and Lock and Key SO HARD. But even though this wouldn't have been my number one pick, I still wanted to read it again.
- Now that I've started reading it: I'm an asshole. This book is everything I love about Sarah Dessen.... that ease I feel while falling completely into the story, those characters that have that hidden pain, the BOYS!! I have no idea why I ever thought this was a least favorite. I'm only half-way through the reread, but I already know I was wrong. I now think I should reread Along for the Ride because I think I've been unjust about that book as well.
- Have you ever reread a book from your past and had a completely different reaction to it?
Now let's talk!! What books are you reading? What TV shows are you obsessing over? Have you ever podcasted? What fashions are you loving right now?