Top Ten Childhood Characters I'd Like To See Grown Up
1. Matilda by Roald Dahl
- What happened to Matilda and Miss Honey? Did Matilds go to college and get a super-smart job??
2. Fern from Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- I know Fern wasn't in the book that long, but she saved Wilbur!! So did she continue with her animal advocacy (even though she did sell poor Wilbur to a butcher)?
3. All the Babysitter's Club Girls-- Kristy, Stacey, Mallory, Claudia, Mary Anne, Dawn (and even Logan) from The Babysitter's Club series by Ann M. Martin
- Kristy has to have her own successful business right??? And is Claudia still a fashionista?
4. Harriet Welsch from Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- Did Harriet become a reporter? Author?? She had some pretty serious depression issues, so is she still struggling with that?
5. Ponyboy Curtis from The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Is Ponyboy staying gold?? LOL. No seriously, whatever became of Ponyboy after being around so much violence and death? What about Soda and Darry??
6. Brian Robeson from Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- I didn't realize that more books were actually written about Brian after Hatchet... but even the final book ends when he's 15, so.... is Brian still a survivalist?? Did he eventually join society and get married, etc.?
7. Corky Corcoran from The Fear Street Cheerleaders Saga by R.L. Stine
- Oh Corky, you poor possessed girl. Did Corky escape the evil for good?? Is she still friends w/ Kimmy? Did she ever get out of Shadyside?
8. Taffy Sinclair from The Taffy Sinclair series by Betsy Haynes
- Taffy Sinclair was the ultimate love/hate for me. I felt bad for her at times (she was hardcore bullied for a lot of the series), but also she could be pretty darn snobby and annoying at times. But she got the last laugh when her TV series was picked up.... so, did Taffy Sinclair become a Hollywood "It Girl"?
9. Peter Hatcher from The Fudge series by Judy Blume
- Poor Peter. His life was ruled by a toddler terror for a whole book series. But Peter was a bright boy, and I've always wondered what became of him (and of Fudge)?
10. Jess Aarons from Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- :( Jess suffered a great loss and I wonder how he dealt with that as he got older??
I love thinking about my childhood favorites!! What characters would you want to check in on??