I didn't do a Top Ten list this week, but I still was in a list-y mood... so I decided to remind myself (and you guys) about books from the last few years that we may have forgotten about.
Things about these books:
- I haven't read any of them (yet)
- None of them were MUST-READS for me when they came out
- I still thought "Hmmm.... I'd like to read that if I ever get time"
- I never got time
- I started to forget about them because they never got a large amount of hype
- I don't see people talking about them much anymore
- I'd like to squeeze some of them into to my insanely full reading schedule (not that I have an actual schedule because-- mood reader!!)
*Zac, I could never forget about you*
All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry
- What it's about- "This startlingly original novel will shock and disturb you; it will fill you with Judith’s passion and longing; and its mysteries will keep you feverishly turning the pages until the very last." ~Goodreads
- Why I'm thinking about it- I know I heard good things about this in the past, but I just never hear about it anymore. Plus, it sounds like there's a big twist and I LOVE a big twist.
- What it's about- A boy wakes up from a coma with everything different- his best friend wants to kill him, the town looks run-down, and he doesn't know what happened to his brother.
- Why I'm thinking about it- I kind of love the "I don't remember" trope. There, I said it.
- What it's about- When Dinah's cousin commits suicide, she goes undercover to hurt the boy who drove her to do it.
- Why I'm thinking about it- I love REVENGE and MYSTERY. AND this cover.
- What it's about- When Mallory gets cheated on w/ an online girlfriend, she decides to live the life her grandmother wrote about in a list from 1962.
- Why I'm thinking about it- I love a book with lists... plus, I wouldn't mind a technology break either!
- What it's about- "Two families. Four teens. A summer full of secrets." ~Goodreads
- Why I'm thinking about it- I LOVED this cover. AND I love multi-POV books.
Slide by Jill Hathaway
- What it's about- Everyone thinks Vee has narcolepsy, but really when she has an "episode" she's sliding into people's minds. She's always finding out stuff she doesn't want to know about people, but when she slides into the mind of a killer, she knows she has to figure out who it is and stop him/her. I mean, it's not like the police would believe she happened to hop into the mind of a killer, right?
- Why I'm thinking about it- A girl who "slides" into people's minds and finds out their secrets?? CREEPY!!
- What it's about- A girl tries to prove that her best friend's death wasn't an accident.
- Why I'm thinking about it- I love boarding school books!! And this one I NEVER hear about.
- What it's about- "Told in episodic verse, family is a fictionalized exploration of cult dynamics, loosely based on the Manson Family murders of 1969. It is an unflinching look at people who are born broken, and the lengths they’ll go to to make themselves “whole” again." ~Goodreads
- Why I'm thinking about it- I love cult books.
- What it's about- 2 friends at an all girls prep school start wanting different things.
- Why I'm thinking about it- I've always wanted to read a Leila Sales book, so why not her first one?
- What it's about- A girl moves into a creepy old house and her sister starts acting strange.
- Why I'm thinking about it- Do you remember this series? I always loved those covers. And I'm down to read more paranormal... and anything with creepy dolls is a YES!!
Unaccompanied Minor by Hollis Gillespie
- What it's about- A teenage girl who practically lives on airplanes is on one when it gets hijacked. Her and another teen fight back and eventually end up locked in the cockpit with a dying pilot.
- Why I'm thinking about it- Wait this book is a series?? See what you learn when you go back through the backlists??
- What it's about- A girl keeps dying and needs to make up for her past mistakes before she can move on.
- Why I'm thinking about it- A paranormal that I remember wanting to read. I don't think this author has written anything since this either.
- What it's about- "In a voice that resonates with the authenticity of grief, Steven Parlato tells a different kind of coming-of-age story, about a boy thrust into adulthood too soon, through the corridor of shame, disbelief, and finally...compassion." ~Goodreads
- Why I'm thinking about it- I just want to know what's in the damn trunk.
- What it's about- When step-siblings fall in love people get uncomfortable. But when Luke dies, Tressa won't let him go. And when he starts visiting her at night, she realizes she doesn't have to.
- Why I'm thinking about it- Incest (even if it's not blood related) is usually a deal-breaker for me, but this has death and ghosts... and I've legit never heard anyone talk about this book.
- What it's about- 2 girls with the same birthday wake up to learn that they've swapped bodies and lives.
- Why I'm thinking about it- Because How to Say Goodbye in Robot KILLED ME. I need to read more of Natalie's weirdness (even though this one doesn't actually sound that weird).
- What it's about- "Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she's just read in the newspaper: The Dead are rising in Philadelphia." ~Goodreads
- Why I'm thinking about it- I always hear about Truthwitch, but never hear about this series.
Have you forgotten about any of these too?? Any you want to read? Any you did read when they came out? Did you like them?