Top Ten Books I've Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads
- I'm all about the hidden gem!!! I LOVE this week's topic because I read a lot of books that don't get much hype and therefor not a lot of GR ratings. I know a lot of you probably haven't had many of these books on your radar, but now hopefully they will be??
- Also-- I didn't include any books from 2016... I figure they still have time to get to 2000.
1. Those Girls by Lauren Saft
- Why I Loved It- Well I know I was a black sheep on this one because it also has a pretty low rating of the small group of people who did rate it on Goodreads, but it's nothing I'm not used to. I love books with mean girls. I think there is a fine line there and I can't quite get my finger on where the line is, but this one did mean girls in all the right ways for me :)
2. Breakaway by Kat Spears
- Why I Loved It- I love books w/ boys as the M/C. And I really fell in love with Jason's character.
3. The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy
- Why I Loved It- I JUST finished this & can't believe it has under 2000 ratings!... and I'll tell you why I loved it-- SAM.
4. Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison
- Why I Loved It- This wasn't one that I LOVED LOVED while reading it... but I think about it often, and to me a book with staying power gets pushed higher up my list!
5. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan
- Why I Loved It- This might be one of my favorite books of forever. This book is everything I like about YA and boy main characters and it's just ME.
6. Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles
- Why I Loved It- I really enjoy books where many people tell a story from different angles. I know sometimes it REALLY doesn't work, but here it totally did. I also think the cover is adorable!
7. All You Never Wanted by Adele Griffin
- Why I Loved It- This book made me take notice of Adele Griffin. I love when I find an author that writes characters that just don't act how you want them to, but somehow you still want to read about them and you still want them to come out on top.... even though they're probably not gonna. THAT'S why I love Adele Griffin.
8. Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick
- Why I Loved It- Because Holly does what she wants. Also because I really love reading about COMPLICATED people that don't get nice, neat resolutions.
Tom Leveen books
9. Party by Tom Leveen
- Why I Loved It- It's short, and told from 11 POV's, and covers one night with MANY issues.
10. Zero by Tom Leveen
- Why I Loved It- Because Amanda was a super cool Art Girl who met a drummer for a really cool band and I loved reading about them.
What books do you love that flew under-the-radar?