Last year I did a whole Bookish Spring Break thing where I shared upcoming Spring Books and places and clothes to read them in. It was a lot of fun (and I really love making outfits on Polyvore), so I decided to do it again this year!!
With Spring Break going on now through the next few weeks, and with all the awesome YA books coming out in March/April/May, I definitely wanted to share some of those books and some fun outfits to go with.
**As always, I try to keep the costs down. 80% of everything you see is under $50.
Antisocial by Jillian Blake-- Pub Date 5/16
- Who wouldn't love to go to the beach for Spring Break??? I wish I would have been able to do this when I was in college. I think Antisocial would be a perfect beach book because I love to read about secrets and lies and mystery while at the beach.
- The Outfit: I love this ombre one-piece! It's sporty and cute. And I'm a sucker for a cute cover-up.
Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis-- Pub Date 4/11
- I wouldn't typically rec a fantasy for beach reading, but considering that this one is about a girl who is supposed to save the Kingdom by sacrificing herself to the sea, I think it's appropriate!
- The Outfit: I went with the green color to match the book & a hat to protect faces from future wrinkles!
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy Pub Date-- Pub Date 5/9
- It's about swimming, so pretty much begs to be read at the pool I think!!
- The Outfit: I love mixing different colored/patterned tops and bottoms with bathing suits. And no pool day is complete without a cool floatie.
Seeking Mansfield by Kate Watson-- Pub Date 5/1
- Why not a Mansfield Park retelling for a day out seeing the sights? It's light, it's about love-- perfect for daytime reading.
- The Outfit: Depending on the kind of adventure, I included a casual outfit and a dressy one (really I just couldn't choose between the embroidered jean shorts and the cute sundress). And I need those ADIDAS shoes in my life.
- You know who would want to go shopping on vaca?? Lara Jean! Plus, she has the best style, so who wouldn't want to shop with her?
- The Outfit: I'm not a big fan of off the shoulder dresses and shirts, but I LOVE this denim colored dress! Also, if you're reading a To All the Boys book, you need a bow somewhere on your persons.
Fireworks by Katie Cotugno-- Pub Date 4/11
- This book is about 2 girls looking for fame in 1990's Orlando. The cover is SO nighttime, and OMG boy and girl bands??? Yes to dancing alllll night!
- The Outfit: I included a sexy dress and a more casual/fun top and skirt depending on what kind you're in the mood for. I love that pinkish shiny skirt!!
Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer-- Pub Date 2/28
- This book is a legit ROAD TRIP book. It's about an actor that goes on a road trip with some fans-- and it sounds like all sorts of fun.
- The Outfit: So, at first I just had that denim peplum top and the white shorts, which seemed cute and comfy-- but then I thought, what if for spring break you took a road trip to MLB Spring Training?? How fun would that be? The Pittsburgh Pirates do theirs in Bradenton, FL (PERFECT Spring Break spot!)
In a Perfect World by Trish Doller-- Pub Date 5/23
- How fun would it be to travel abroad for Spring Break?? I thought the setting of this book (Egypt) would be great to put you in the mood.
- The Outfit: I included a long cover-up in case your travels take you somewhere really hot or more conservative-- but I also think it would make a cute dress to just wear around!
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett-- Pub Date 4/4
- Coachella being a Spring thing, it got me thinking that music festivals in general would be fun to go to if you have a week off. Alex, Approximately has the perfect setting-- first, it's in California and it has this quirky museum that just reminds me of something that would go with Coachella and all the crazy things you'd see there.
- The Outfit: It's a full weekend event, so you need multiple outfits!! Gotta have those comfy shoes and the protective hat-- desert heat. I think it would be nice to have your hair in a braid to keep it out of the way & a jacket in case it cools off at night.
- I wear yoga shorts under all my dresses when I go to events. That way you can jump around or sit on the ground and not have to worry about flashing anything :)
I hope everyone has an awesome Spring Break (even if it's just a long Easter weekend)!! What are you planning on reading/wearing/going during yours?
What do you think of the books I featured? Have you read any? Would you recommend any? Any on your MUST Lists for Spring?