Today (July 10th) the Topic was a Freebie, so I decided to do:
Top Ten Books that Scared the Heck Out of Me
1. Helter Skelter By: Vincent Bugliosi- Don't ever read this at night when you are home alone! Seriously, just don't read it at night!! It freaked me out so bad one night every little creak and outside noise became people breaking in my house. So scary because it really happened... and could easily happen again!
2. This is Not a Test By: Courtney Summers- This book gave me nightmares 3 nights in a row. I literally had to finish it even though I was super busy because I wanted my life to go back to normal... NO ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!
3. The Shining By: Stephen King- SCARY!! The movie and the book are both some of the scariest stuff out there!
4. The Lord of the Flies By William Golding: - Ok well I was quite young when I originally read this so you have to put it in context. But when they killed Piggy I was like WHAT!!! So traumatized!
5. Living Dead Girl By: Elizabeth Scott- Well I'm a mother so that's one reason this book freaked me out... another reason is it's just so graphic. I finished it in one night because I didn't want it on my brain any longer.
6. Night By: Elie Wiesel- I read this in High School and it was pretty frightening. When something so awful happens in fiction it's easier to shrug off, but knowing this happened in real life is pretty horrifying.
8. But I Love Him By: Amanda Grace - Scared because I actually was in a relationship semi-like this one. It really freaked me out to read so many years after that relationship ended because it gave me a new perspective on what I was really like in that relationship... and I didn't like thinking myself in that way.
9. Fear Street Books By: R.L. Stine- Throwback!! Many a Fear Street book kept me up at night and gave me nightmares and even daymares! Books like: The Cheerleaders, The New Boy, The Overnight, The Sleepwalker... so scary to a 13-year-old!
10. The Fault in Our Stars By: John Green- This book made me think about life and how it's all meaningless and how we're all going to die and eventually no one will care and eventually there won't even be anyone alive who even knew us and all of my stuff and pictures and everything I've built will be meaningless and worthless... Scary stuff right?????
So that's my Freebie List... What books scare you?? And what topics did you guys pick for this week???