Titles can be more important to me than a great cover (and I'm really into covers). Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of ordinary titles. Do you ever feel like that??
I need more books with titles like THESE from last year:
Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
I know that reading as many books as I do, if the titles are too generic, I will forget them and then I'll be left saying "you know that book by so-and-so, the one with the girl who got kidnapped???? It's called something-something You & the cover of it was red??" I like a title that I'll never forget... but it also should relate to the content of the book, of course. The best is when you're reading a book and that MOMENT happens where the odd title suddenly makes sense!! That's probably a topic for a different post though....
Back in the day, I did a whole Top Ten Tuesday about Titles I Can't Resist. That post was full of WORDS (because I love a "How To" or "Diary of" book) that make want to pick up the book, but now I want to talk about titles that just flat-out stand-out!
Recently, I've come across books with titles that just make me stop in my tracks and become.... curious?? I guess that's the feeling. Curious, intrigued, interested, or whatever you want to call it- I saw the title and I was like "yes to THAT!!"
2016 YA Book Titles That Intrigue Me
These are my favorite odd/cool book titles & my first reactions to seeing seeing/hearing them:
The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
- I feel like this book could have been called so many things and they just WENT for it with this title. I'm not personally getting a positive feeling from the title, but I know I will not forget it.
- I know this is a one word-er, but Dreamology is such a cool word!!
- This one is a whole lot more straight forward than a lot of these, but I thought it was super unique. Stuck on a lifeboat and calling the group a clique... It's so Breakfast Club.
- I need to know about this movie.
- Insanely cool title. How can you NOT be interested by this?
- Wink Poppy Midnight?? No clue what that means. But I want to know... and that's a good thing.
- You woke up DEAD at the mall???? WTF????
- Why are there so many Madonnas??? Are we talking about The Material Girl or are we talking religious icons???
- I saw this and I was just like- WHAT????? When looked at with the cover (which is a cheerleader being thrown up in a stunt), and I was really perplexed.
- First of all, Scarlett Epstein is a cool name & I want to know all about her. 2nd, why does she hate it here?? I want to read about this place she hates.
- I'm not really into romance or love-centric books... but I see The Love That Split the world on a book cover, and I'm immediately looking at it further.
- I can tell this will be an LOL one. Also, please don't!! Boy bands are awesome.
- Well, it's a bit morbid... but I love "How To" in book titles as it is, and on top of it I don't know how to hang a witch.....
- Now I want cake.
Do you love a cool title?? What do you think about these? Or which 2016 YA book titles have made you look twice?