A few weeks ago I told you guys about how I was dreading the end of the year because it means FAILED GOODREADS CHALLENGE & me not reading a bunch of books that I really wanted to read this year.
I talked to my friend Cassi about it (sidenote: she's been inspiring a lot of my posts lately.... thanks Cassi!!), and she told me she usually spends December catching up on books she didn't get to during the year. It's a pretty perfect month to do that because so few books are released in December-- so there's not as much NEWNESS distraction.
So I've made a small list of the books I'm most sad about passing over this year. I kept the list short so it's do-able... I'm always setting myself up to fail because my book hunger is always bigger than my book reading ability.
- Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay- So it's an older book, but I swear every year I say THIS is the year I'll read this book and every year I put it off until next year. I am reading this this month!!
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater- Yes I really really really need to read this and finish the series. Somehow I've managed to avoid all spoilers, and I'm just beyond ready to find out what happens. Also, as I'm a super terrible mood reader-- I think I'm actually in the MOOD for this book!! Finally!!
- Replica (#1) by Lauren Oliver- It didn't come out THAT long ago, but I love Lauren Oliver and was REALLY REALLY hyped on this book all year long.
- What Light by Jay Asher- Another newer book, but another book I've had in my possession for a really long time and have been SO EXCITED to read. Also, it involves a Christmas tree farm, so I'd say it's perfect for the season.
- The Amateurs (#1) by Sara Shepard- Another recent release, but UGHHH MUST READ!!! Love Sara Shepard and have been missing her in my life.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2- I'm a terrible Potthead. I started it and LOVE the premise.... but the HYPE!! I needed to let it all die down before I really sunk into the world again.
Those are the books I'm hoping to read this month to "catch up" on my 2016 TBR. Honestly, I'll never catch up, but these are the ones I'd be super disappointed if I didn't finish before the year is out.
Have you read any of these? What do you think I should read first? What books are you really hoping to read before 2017?