I think one of my 2017 Goals is going to be to watch more movies.
I've been slacking when it comes to movies for at least 5 or so years. If I don't see a movie at the theater, there's a really good chance that I'll never ever see the movie. I know there's RedBox and other renting options, but that just seems like too much work for me-- plus, there's the whole remembering to return it, and ughhh I'm super bad at that. Sometimes a movie I've been meaning to watch will come on Netflix, but when I turn that on I'm in TV MODE and have a hard time switching my mind over to MOVIES. Basically, I suck. And that sucks because SO many of my fave books (and books I haven't read yet, but want to) have been made into movies-- and I missed them all!!
So here are some I'd like to catch up on-- and I need your input on what I should push to the front of the line!
If I Stay
- Don't hate me, but I didn't LOVE the book. I know-- I'm a robot w/ no heart. But that doesn't mean I don't really really want to see this movie!
- I haven't read this series, but I like the premise. Not sure if the movie was good or not, since I didn't hear much about it, but I'm interested!
- I'll probably never read this series-- because vampires. BUT I've heard good things about the movie.
- I have issues. How have I not watched this yet?? I mean, it features PITTSBURGH-- which is where I live!! Also, Emma Watson!! I need to watch this, like yesterday.
- I didn't love this book, but think it has potential to be a cool movie... maybe??
- One of the 2 John Green books I haven't read yet, but I will read the book & I really want to see this movie.
- Ugh really really didn't like this book. The thing is, when I found out the changes they made for the movie, I thought it sounded SO MUCH BETTER. I'm really hoping it is!
- Another book I'll probably never read, but I still feel like I need to see the movie.
- This is going to be a hard one because of the author's death and this being kind of a personal story for him.... I didn't even know it was a movie until a few months ago!!
- I have the book, but I can only do zombie books/movie/TV every so often or I get too freaked out, so I haven't read it yet. I know this one isn't the "typical" type of zombie, but still...
- Haven't read the book yet, but desperately want to find time for it. I think it sounds adorably cute and I'd love to see little Jessica on the screen.
- Don't hate--- I haven't read this either!!! I feel like this was a book a lot of people read for school and I missed that boat by about 8 years.
- Just came out but want to see!!!!
Coming Soon-ishI'm semi-excited about these movies being made:
13 Reasons Why
- Is this coming to Netflix or not???
- EEK!!! I'm so nervous that this won't live up to the perfection of the book!!
- This is a Steven Spielberg movie, so you know it's going to be good.
- Hailee Steinfeld is attached because-- duh.
- I'm not sure WHEN this is happening, and I know John Green movies are getting old, but I LOVED THIS BOOK!!
- I don't know when this is happening either, but Channing Tatum is attached somehow-- and OMG I'm so scared they'll fuck it up. Some books are too good for Hollywood to mess with.
- Elle Fanning is starring.
- Another Hailee Steinfeld attachment. Can we get a few new YA leads maybe?? I'm sick of Chloe Moretz, Elle Fanning, Shailene Woodley, etc.
I want to hear from you guys-- which movies are awesome?? Which are worth skipping? Which ones do you still need to see? What upcoming releases are you excited about?