Top Ten 2017 YA Debuts I'm Excited For
- I had really good luck with Debuts in 2016-- I basically spent the first half of the year obsessed with them. So this year I have high hopes!! Here are the ones that have caught my eye so far:
1. One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus- Someone gets killed in detention!! I mean, it's like The Breakfast Club, but with a killer!!
2. After the Fall by Kate Hart- I love a complicated relationships book-- and THE COVER!
3. The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato- I love that this book has a little bit of a supernatural/psychic element to it.
4. Antisocial by Jillian Blake- I'm kind of a sucker for the "cautionary tale".
5. The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy- The atmosphere of this book sounds amazing. I'm super curious about it because it supposedly has a lot of literary references in it :)
6. The Big F by Maggie Ann Martin- The cover is adorable-- and it's about a girl in community college. I don't know if it's the actual fall semester or the summer after HS, but still: COLLEGE!!
7. Grit by Gillian French- This book is SO "me". It's about the "town slut"/reputations, a missing/possibly dead girl, secrets, mysteries-- basically everything I love.
8. The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles- Another fantasy!! WOOO!! See how adventurous I'm getting- hahaha. But this is one I've been wanting to read for almost a full year now.
9. Of Jenny and the Aliens by Ryan Gebhart- Doesn't this just sound fun?? AND it's a book about the guy being in love/obsessed with the girl and her being like MEH. I love that!!
10. A List of Cages by Robin Roe- SO EXCITED TO READ THIS!! It sounds totally emotional and meaningful and just so many feelings!!
What 2017 Debuts are you excited to read??