I had a new Netflix obsession this month-- The OA.
- So, The OA is a newish series on Netflix that I hadn't heard too much about. It really didn't have any fanfare leading up to it's December Netflix release, but somehow I stumbled on it and !!!!! It is so freaking addicting.
- It starts out with this woman showing up after being missing for 7 years-- and not only does she have a mysterious story of kidnapping, she can SEE. She was previously blind-- so WTF?? She gets this mish-mash of misfit high school kids and one teacher to meet with her in secret so she can share her story.
- And what a story it is!! I was GRIPPED and GLUED to my seat to listen to it. And the things that come out-- it just blew my mind.
- So the ending-- NO SPOILERS here, I just want to say WHAT THE HECK?? I'm still not sure what I watched. I talked to several people and it hasn't cleared anything up. Half of me think one thing happened and half of me thinks it's the exact opposite. I really hope there is going to be a season 2, but I kind of have my doubts.
Have you seen this show or heard of it?
- I don't want to say too much and jinx anything (cause let's be real, we gotta play the cheaters next week), but GO STEELERS!!!
- Kind of a bandwagon choice and I don't mean it to be!! I just really really love buying candles that relate to all my fandoms!! I need all of these and I'm trying to find self-control to stop myself!
- Plus they look really good in Bookstagram pics!
We Were On a Break / Gansey / Stranger Things / Honeydukes / Peeta's Cakes / Spencer Hastings / We're All Mad Here
Do you like the bookish/fandom candles?? Do you have any favorite store or scents?
A List of Cages by Robin Roe
- Woah, this book!! I just finished it yesterday, and I'll be talking about it more in-depth later this week, but I'm still in pain from it. It was so beautiful, heart-breaking, and just unputdownable.
- It's about a popular boy with ADHD who gets reunited with a younger boy who his mom used to foster. Pretty much every time the mother had a scene, I was a crying mess. Her pain of losing this foster kid that she clearly loved permeated through the pages. Also, so much of Julian's (the foster kid) story just HURT MY HEART. I loved it, but it was definitely in the category of Beautiful Pain.
Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage
- This doesn't come out until the end of February (the 21st to be exact), but now that I have access to it, I MUST READ IT RIGHT NOW.
- I read After the Woods last year and was SO IMPRESSED. I love books that explore complicated friendships AND books that give me something completely messed up-- and that one did both.
- So Beautiful Broken Girls sounds like a book that really needs to be read-- it's not really clear WHAT it's actually about except dead girls-- but that's exactly why I can't wait to read it.
Have you read either of these/ are they on your radar?
So, Let's Talk! Tell me if you have any new Netflix obsessions. Are you watching the football playoffs? What are you reading right now? Any books you are super excited about?